Education & Work
— Master of Fine Arts \ Fontbonne University \ St. Louis, MO
— Master of Arts \ Fontbonne University \ St. Louis, MO
— Bachelor of Fine Arts \ Kansas City Art Institute \ Kansas City, MO
— Art K-12 Initial Professional Teaching Certificate \ UMSL \ St. Louis, MO
Design, art, and experience must be intellectually controlled and emotionally expressive. Each is useful on its own, but success occurs when both converge.
Adjunct Professor – Graphic Design | 2012 – Present
- St. Charles Community College: Web Design, Digital Art Studio, Digital Imaging & Illustration, Motion Graphics
- Co-Chaired the Graphic Design Department for Fall 2016
- East Central College: Web Design I and II, Digital Imaging: Photoshop I
- Lindenwood University: Introduction to Graphic Design, Digital Imaging, Fundamentals of the Internet
- Engage, educate & evaluate student body in best practices, history, & techniques of graphic design & image manipulation; design for current & future proof web standards of html5 & css3, including responsive design.
- Effectively educate students on judicious production of their designs into viable, & meaningful layouts & sites.
- Fully involve students in design processes from conception to completion: project scopes, site maps, wire-framing, design, & implementation.
Freelance Designer | dpstudiolab; O’Fallon, MO | 2007 – Present
- Conceive & complete engaging, effective, & deliberate material (physical, digital, interactive) based on clients’ identity standards & voice.
- Establish legible and relatable style guides for design implementation across multiple platforms and venues
- Research & evidence drive design for consistent user experience, identity presence, & message.
- Create and implement compelling web experiences for client user base via brochure style websites using latest standards
Web Designer | Network Solutions; Belleville, IL | 2005 – 2007
- Conceive, create, & implement custom design process for higher end clients
- Design & implement chosen designs via Photoshop & Dreamweaver
- Educate customers on Image Cafe content management system & capabilities
- Consult with customers to design & implement custom websites
- Educate & assist other designers in implementing their designs
Metalsmith/Graphic Designer | Eureka Forge, House Springs, MO | 2004 – 2005
- Author & maintain website via HTML & CSS using Dreamweaver, Photoshop
- Create patterns via Illustrator for laser cutting
- Redesign company website for load time, better aesthetic, & increased usability
- Assist in design & fabrication of architecture elements: balustrades, fences, gates, spiral stairs, & balconies
- Graphic Design Board member for East Central College & St. Charles Community College
- Rebuilt East Central & St. Charles web design curricula for future-proof & responsive design
- Redefined digital imagery classes at each school to emphasize non-destructive editing
- AIGA | 2017
- Graphic Design Board | St. Charles Community College | 2015
- Graphic Design Board | East Central College | 2015
- College Art Association | 2005